Tuesday, June 28, 2011

tough guys

My pastor Marcus Zill asks me what he has to do to be a secret agent in my movie. "All you got to do is wear a suit, and sunglasses, and look tough," I tell him. He says he could do with a big smile across his face.









Gene Oetting is a professor of education at Concordia Teachers College. He agrees to play a secret agent. There will be four of them. Ted Beck is a professor of music at CTC. He might do it too. Each will wear a colored metal button on his coat. White background with purple spots.










This weekend I shot the mall scene out at Gateway Mall in Lincoln, Nebraska. Decker is minding his own business, when you see the first secret agent sitting on a bench, as Decker walks by. There is a close up shot of the metal button with the purple spots. I want to use Billy Preston's "Outa Space" for the agents chasing Decker. I have a 45 rpm vinyl disc of that cool music. Preston is one my favorite musicians.

I shot the chase scene up the stairway at the Music building on campus. The agents and Decker have no speaking parts. The film is shot silent. I want to tape record a music soundtrack after the film comes back from developing. It always takes a week or more to get the film cartridges back. I shot the agents on the top of the Ruth C dorm. The toy guns are not real. But both agents, Mr. Beck and Mr. Zill, looked tough. Next weekend I want to shoot the falling scene and do the city dump scene with the cars.

My brother Paul Marxhausen (left) and David Lange (below) and Tim Grothaus and Cory Schulz have agreed to play the cooves. Cooves are sort of like elves. Hey, does anybody have costumes we can use?

No comments:

Post a Comment